Last Updated: October, 2018
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. “Personal health information” or “PHI” means information about an identifiable individual that relates to the individual’s physical or mental health , including name of patient, the name of their Wellness provider and the services rendered by their Wellness provider.
PHI may be found in communications between recipients and requesters when requesting Reiki-blankets or requesting information from our organization, which is stored on our server.
Project BeamON will collect personal information and PHI from you when you use of our website or our other software products (collectively referred to as the “Site” and the “Services”).
We are committed to safeguarding your PI and PHI. If you have any questions about the Policy or our privacy practices, please contact our Designated Privacy Contact with your questions at email@example.com.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Project BeamON collects different types of information from you and about you when you use the Site. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services. These include:
1.1 Information You Give to Us.
Account Information. When you sign up to request a Reiki-blanket or for more information on our programs; Youth Leadership, Partnered Initiative, anything related to our annual Gala, donations and fundraising on Project BeamON account, you will be asked to provide certain information which will allow you, this may include your first name, last name, name of business, type of business, email address, mailing and/or business address, and telephone number.
Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
Payment Information. All payment transactions for services will be completed using PayPal.
Communications with Project BeamON. When you communicate with Project BeamON we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Account, send us a resume, respond to surveys, post to community forums, write reviews, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Site.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Project BeamON Site
When you use and access the Project BeamON Site and Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information allows us to comply with legal obligations and also provide you with the most effective and safe services that we can.
Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Site, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Project BeamON may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Site such as the pages or content you view, your searches for providers or businesses, requests you have made, and other actions on the Site to assist us in making the Site better and improving our Services.
Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Site, even if you have not created an Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Site (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Site.
Payment Transaction Information. Users will receive emailed notice that Users have requested information, donations of Reiki-blankets and monetary donations. Project BeamON does not store any payment information or share any payment information with any other person or organizations.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Project BeamON tries to limit the use of your personal information to that which is necessary for the effective operation and use of the Services and fulfillment of its contract with you. This may include the following:
- 2.1.Offer, Improve, and Develop our Services
The information you provide us enables:
- Your access and use of the Site and Services
- Our ability to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Site and experience, such as by performing analytics, conducting research, providing customer service and support
- Our communication with you in the event of a security, account, or other service notice
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
Project BeamON may process your information to ensure the safety and security of the Site and all its members and to comply with applicable laws. This includes:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your contact information, business address, professional designation)
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- In connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Site and Services, your profile information and other content you submit to the Site, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Site if such processes detect a Member or activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Site, other Members, or third parties.
- 2.3.Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may process your information to better serve you and customize your experience with Project BeamON. This may include the promotion and marketing of products, businesses and services we think will be of interest to you based on your preferences. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your Account.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Project BeamON or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google)
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by WellnessWrx or its third party partners
- Conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Site, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
2.4 Processing Payments
Project BeamON processes this information to operate and improve upon payment services. Processing of this information is intended to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
1.1 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Project BeamON may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Project BeamON, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, or other agreements with you, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Project BeamON, its employees, its Users, or members of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Site secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Users, about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Project BeamON’s property, its Users, and the Site. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that User about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
1.2 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Site for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Project BeamON’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
4.2 Linking Third Party Pages.
Project BeamON is not responsible for any privacy or other terms and conditions applicable to the websites belonging to the Providers and Clinics listed on the Site.
4.3 Google Maps/Earth.
5. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Site may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Project BeamON doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Project BeamON, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section through your account settings or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Project BeamON may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Site even after your Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Site to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Project BeamON you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Project BeamON specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Project BeamON override your own.
6.6 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Project BeamON not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Project BeamON will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Project BeamON to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to connect email@example.com
6.7 Lodging Complaints.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Project BeamON before the competent data protection authorities.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
- 2.1.Security Measures
Secure Storage: Project BeamON stores all PI and PHI on a VPS server.
Network Security: Project BeamON has implemented network security controls to protect against unauthorized access.
Privacy Policies and Training: Project BeamON delivers privacy training to employees, and volunteers on how to safeguard personal information and mitigate operational risks. All employees and contractors are legally bound to confidentiality.
7.2 Breach Response
There is no guarantee against data breaches. However, Project BeamON has taken reasonable measures to prevent a breach, as described above. In the event of a data breach, Dialogue will:
- Notify users at the first reasonable opportunity of the breach; and
- Immediately apply remedial measures.
7.3 Children and Minors
Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for an Account. However, Project BeamON cannot control unauthorized use by minors and will not be held liable for the inadvertent collection of their information if unauthorized use is performed.
9. CONTACT US